Erin Township was established in 1820 and is bordered by the Town of Caledon to the East, the Town of Halton Hills to the South, the Township of Guelph/Eramosa to the West and the Township of East Garafraxa to the North. Erin Township is primarily a rural community with plenty of farming but many commute to nearby towns and cities. Erin is predominantly made up of detached homes, some of which are Victorian Heritage homes and estate homes. In recent years, Erin has grown and many new subdivisions have been developed. Boroughs within Erin include Hillsburgh, Ospringe, Cedar Valley, and Binkham. All homes in Erin are on septic, although they are in the process of making a plan of installing sewer systems into the central village of Erin. Erin has an inviting and cozy downtown core with fantastic local eateries and shops.
Note: Erin is under the Credit Valley Conservation and Grand River Conservation Authority
Local Eateries and Shops:
Tin Roof Café